1982 was Brookside's first year of production. Major storylines included the arrival of the Collins family, and Karen Grant's relationship with thug Demon Duane. This year contained the show's first death, with Arthur Clarke dying of a heart attack in December.
- 2nd November - As apart of Brookside's first episode, the Collins family move to the close, only to discover that the house has been damaged by the neighbours children.
- 3rd November - First appearances of Karen Grant and Matty Nolan.
- 17th November - First appearances of Jonah Jones, Frank Rogers and Terry Sullivan.
- 23rd November - The Taylor family move to the close. (First appearance of Petra Taylor)
- 24th November - Karen Grant is attacked by her boyfriend Duane. When her brother Barry finds out, gives Duane a taste of his own medicine.
- 30th November - The houses on Brookside Close are burgled by an unknown culprit.
- 7th December - Arthur Clarke suffers a fatal heart attack.
- 14th December - Barry Grant is stabbed by an unknown motorcyclist.
Real world eventsEdit
- 2nd November - Brookside's first episode airs.
|←Pre-1982 1982 1983→|