1985 was Brookside's fourth year of production. Major storylines included psychopathic gunman John Clarke holding Kate Moses, Sandra Maghie and Pat Hancock hostage, resulting in the deaths of John and Kate.
- 8th January - Sheila Grant gives birth to a daughter, Claire, the father being Bobby Grant.
- 23rd July - Kate Moses, Sandra Maghie and Pat Hancock are held hostage by psychopathic gunman John Clarke.
- 5th August - Kate Moses is shot dead by John Clarke. John then turns the gun on himself.
- 19th August - Edna Cross suffers a stroke.
- 26th August - Edna Cross suffers a second stroke, this one placing her in a critical condition.
- 3rd September - Edna Cross dies from her stroke.
- 10th September - Edna Cross's funeral takes place.
Real life eventsEdit
to be added
|←1984 1985 1986→|