- 9th April - James Markham is killed in a car accident.
- 9th May - Following the death of actress Doreen Sloane, Annabelle Collins makes her final appearance.
- 23rd May - Liam Riley commits suicide by jumping off a roof.
- 6th June - Following the axing of the Collins family, Lucy Collins makes her final appearance.
- 11th June - Following the axing of the Collins family, Gordon Collins makes his final appearance.
- 25th June - Following the axing of the Collins family, Paul Collins makes his final appearance.
- 10th August - Billy Corkhill and Sheila Grant marry.
- 10th September - Don Corkhill dies from unknown causes.
- 14th September - Doreen Corkhill leaves the close following the discovery of Billy Corkhill's part in the robbery. (Final appearance of the character).
- 21st September - Billy Corkhill leaves the close with wife Sheila Grant, moving to Hampshire. (Final appearance of the characters, however, Shelia would later appear in Brookside: Friday the 13th)
- 8th October - Jane Harper dies in a car crash.
Real life eventsEdit
- 8th April - Doreen Sloane (Annabelle Collins) dies. Her death leads to the axing of the Collins family.
|←1989 1990 1991→|